Draft it Help
Available in: Architectural, PRO & PLUS Only
Commonly used items are saved as symbols in CAD systems to speed up drawing production. Any Draft it drawing file can be used as a symbol. Simply use the Insert Symbol command to select an existing drawing to insert onto the current drawing. This is quite straightforward and works well. However if the symbol you want to create is only part of an existing design and not the complete drawing proceed as follows based on your version.
In Draft it Pro and Draft it Architectural simply select the Items you want in the new symbol, pick select Build Symbol button. Set the insertion origin point enter a name in the dialog box and click OK.
In Draft it Plus use the following method:-
1. Open the drawing containing the geometry you want to create a symbol from.
2. Select the Items you want in the new symbol.
3. Copy these items to the clipboard using the Copy command from or use the shortcut keys +C.
4. Create a New (blank) drawing.
5. Use the Paste command or use the shortcut keys +V.
6. The entities copied to the clipboard will now be attached to the cursor, click into place on the drawing.
7. Use the Set Insertion Origin command and pick an appropriate insertion point using any of the snaps and input options. This is the point that the cursor will be attached to when placing the symbol onto another drawing.
8. Select Save button and enter a name for the symbol in the dialog box, then click on the 'Save' button.
9. Select Close to close the new symbol drawing.
The new symbol is ready to use in other drawings with the Insert Symbol command.